SOLE BASE has to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the ends of this clause, “personal information” is defined according to the details in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, number 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
SOLE BASE is authorised to gather, store and use the following of your information:
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Nearest city
- Delivery Address
- Non-personal click patterns
- Email address
- Telephone or mobile number
- IP address, and
- ID or passport number
SOLE BASE is entitled to gather, store and use the above information for the following purposes:
- To greet you when you access the site;
- If you are a registered account holder, to inform you of any changes to SOLE BASE that may affect your account or future shopping experiences; To inform you (if you have agreed to this) of facts regarding your access and use of the site;
- To inform you (if you have agreed to this) of competitions and promotions offered by solebase.co.za;
- To set up non-personal statistics about internet habits, click patterns and access to the site;
- To verify your identity when you make a transaction through solebase.co.za;
- To ensure the products are received by the addressee.
- The above information is either gathered electronically through the use of “”cookies””, or provided by you voluntarily. You can regulate the use of “”cookies”” independently within your personal browser settings.
- You can choose to not receive any information from SOLE BASE and its partners.
SOLE BASE is entitled to gather, store, compile and share any information gleaned from you, subject to the following conditions:
- SOLE BASE may not make any of your personal details public unless you have agreed to it, or unless it is required for the purposes of any judicial process.
- SOLE BASE may compile, use and share any information that has no bearing on any particular individual, and SOLE BASE owns and reserves the right to non-personal statistical information gathered and complied by SOLE BASE.
- You acknowledge and agree that certain personal information (such as your full name, delivery address, email address and contact details) may be passed on to the courier company and/or its affiliates contracted to SOLE BASE in order to ensure delivery of the products you have bought.”
Registration and Use of the Site
- Registration is not required in order to purchase goods. However users may, if they wish to do so, register on the site in order to streamline future orders of goods.
- To register as a user, you must provide an email address and password and provide certain information and personal details to SOLE BASE. You will need to use your email address and password to access the Website in order to purchase Goods under your account.
- You agree and warrant that your email and password shall:
i.be used for personal use only; and
ii.not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- For security purposes you agree to enter the correct email address and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access to your unique account. Purchase of goods will still be available but will not be attributed to your account.
- You agree that, once the correct email address and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the email address and password is unauthorised or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to notify SOLE BASE immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your email address and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- Should you not register on the site, purchase of goods will still require certain personal information to be provided to complete the order.
- Information as provided in (7) above will be retained for the purposes of completing the order, as reference for future queries regarding the order and certain information provided to our contract courier service and/or their affiliates.
Should you opt to receive marketing media from SOLE BASE; you will periodically receive an electronic newsletter at the provided email address. If you wish to unsubscribe from SOLE BASE’s newsletters, you can easily do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your newsletter.
In the event that you need to contact SOLE BASE, please make use of the following contact details:
Physical Address: 110 Wheeler House,
118 Mathews Meyiwa (ex Stamfordhill) Road,